GRAN PRINT – international circuit for photographic prints
Art. 1) Introduction
The Arno River Photographic Society, located in the heart of Tuscany between the Chianti hills and the Pratomagno hills, hereby organizes a cultural event called “Gran Print“, an international circuit of 4 photographic competitions, including: the Leonardo Trophy, Michelangelo Trophy, Raffaello Trophy, and Tiziano Trophy.
The Gran Print is open to amateur photographers and professionals from all over the world, who can participate only with photographic prints, both in color and in black and white.
The Circuit is sponsored by FIAP (2019/027-028-029-030), GPU (L190012) and ISF (01/2019); individuals involved in any of these organizations in any capacity (including the Circolo Fotografico Arno members), and their family members, cannot participate.
Art. 2) Themes
- A) Open Monochrome (Monochrome Print)
- B) Open Color (Color Print)
Prints submitted in one theme cannot be submitted in the other; the prints submitted in color cannot be submitted in black and white and vice versa.
Art. 3) How to Participate
To participate in the Grand Print, it is mandatory to register through the website www.granprint.it and fill in the appropriate form, which includes uploading digital images of the prints to be submitted, sized 1920 pixels at the longest side, with a resolution of 300 dpi and saved in jpg format (this is necessary for the creation of the catalog). All those who have registered and uploaded their images will receive an email which contains printable tickets, (as many tickets as prints to be submitted); each ticket will include the name and surname of the author, the title of the work, the ticket number and a code created by the HPCM system (HiHo Photo Contest Manager), which must be attached to each photo before sending. Finally, proceed to the payment of the registration fee, intended as partial support for the event.
Art. 4) The Photographs
- a) Each author can submit a maximum of 4 photographs per theme (maximum 8 photos in total).
- b) The prints must be of the dimensions: 30×40 cm (or in A3 format); even smaller prints are accepted, provided that they are mounted on lightweight cardboard.
- c) It is required that the ticket sent by email from the organization is attached to each photograph submitted, at the top left corner of the rear side. This ticket reports the necessary information for each print.
- d) The package containing the photographs must be sent to:
Circolo Fotografico Arno
Via Roma, 2
50063 Figline Valdarno
Art. 5) Authorship of Photographs
Each participant must be the author of the photographs and must have the rights of the submitted works.
By participating in the Grand Print, each author certifies the ownership of the work and each of its individual parts.
By participating in the Circuit, the organizers are consented to freely use the photographs and digital files for the publication of the catalog and to promote the event, and to perform the photo exhibition of the Grand Print. The rights to the received photographs remain the exclusive property of the authors.
Art. 6) Return of Photographs
The photographs will not be returned, and within one month after the end of the event they will be destroyed.
You can request the return of the works, but there will be some postage costs (see registration fee).
Art. 7) Registration fee
The registration fee is set at €36 or US $42 per participant, regardless of the theme participated in.
For club photos there is a reduction of the participation fee as follows:
– from 5 to 10 Participants, €32 or US $38 per participant
– 11 to 20 Participants, €30 or US $35 per participant
– over 21 participants, €28 or US $32 per participant
For participants who request the return of their works, they can be shipped with registered mail; shipping fees are as follows:
Europe, €24.00 – Asia, America, Africa, €30.00 or US $35.00 – Oceania, €42.00 or US $49.00
All fees must be paid with PayPal at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Art. 8) Catalog
The Catalog will be printed in pdf and will be sent to all participants by e-mail or wetransfer and will contain a reproduction of all the awarded photographs.
All the awarded and accepted photographs will also be published on the website(www.granprint.it) of the Circuit and will remain there until the next edition.
Art. 9) Photographic Exhibition
All the awarded photographs will be exhibited in a photographic exhibition from March 30th to April 7th 2019, at the Palazzo Pretorio in Figline Valdarno.
Art. 10) Calendar
– deadline for receipt of photographs: 1 February 2019
– Jury processing: from 9 to 17 February 2019
– communication of results: by February 27, 2019
– duration of the Photographic Exhibition: from March 30th to April 7th 2019
– awards ceremony: March 30, 2019
– Catalog distribution: By April 27, 2019
– sending of awards and return of any works (by request only): By May 7, 2019
Art. 11) Juries
The acceptance of the works and the awarding of prizes will take place at the discretion of the Jury, who will view the photographs without having any information on the author or the origin.
Paolo Fontani, EFIAP
Franco Mazza, AFIAP
Giuseppe Tomelleri, EFIAP/D2, MFIAP
Sabina Broetto, AFIAP
Riccardo Busi, MFIAP
Enzo Righeschi, ESFIAP, EFIAP/g
Luciano Cardonati, EFIAP/s
Carlo Lucarelli, EFIAP
Virgilio Bardossi, MFIAP, EFIAP/D1
Simone Boddi, EFIAP/b
Lino Ghidoni, ESFIAP, EFIAP
Rino Di Maio, AFIAP
General Chairman: Silvano Monchi, EFIAP, HonEFIAP
E-mail: email@example.com – Phone: +39 3355747928
Address: Via Roma 2 – 50063 Figline e Incisa Valdarno – Italy
Art. 12) Awards
– Best Author of the Circuit, Author with the highest number of works admitted (Trophy and Amazon Purchase Voucher with a value of US$400)
– Best Author of each competition, Author with the highest number of works admitted (FIAP Blue Pin and Amazon Purchase Voucher with a value of US$200)
– Best Work of each competition, among the 2 themes (Trophy and Amazon Purchase Voucher with a value of US$200)
Free Theme Monochrome, and Free Theme Color
– 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prizes (Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals)
– 12 Honorable Mentions (HM)
– 6 Special Prizes: Animals, Environment , Architecture, Children , Journalism, Nude, Landscape, Portrait, Sport, Travel (Ribbon)
– 3 Jury Prizes (Certificate)
For a total of 233 Prizes
Art. 13) Definitions
Monochrome (Black and White)
A black and white work ranging from very dark gray (black) to very light gray (white) is a monochromatic work. A black and white work dyed entirely in one color will remain a monochromatic work able to stay in the black and white category; such a work can be reproduced in black and white in the catalog of a salon under FIAP Patronage. On the other hand, a work in black and white modified by a partial toning or by adding a color becomes a work in color (polychrome) to stay in the category of colors; this work requires the reproduction of the colors in the catalog of a salon under FIAP patronage.
Art. 14) Privacy Notice
We inform you, pursuant to art. 13 of Legislative Decree 30 June 2003, n. 196 (bearing the “Code regarding the protection of personal data” below, for the sake of brevity, the “Code”) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), EU Regulation 2016/679, by which the personal data provided in scope of the international photographic competition Gran Tour of the Hills will be collected and recorded by the Arno River Photographic Society – on paper, electronic and / or computer and / or telematic media – protected and processed in ways that guarantee security and confidentiality in compliance with the provisions of the Code. We inform you that the data provided will be used only for purposes strictly connected and instrumental to the event. To this end, as part of the Initiative, your data may be published on-line on the competition website (www.grantourdellecolline.it) and/or in the competition catalog. The provision of data is necessary in order to participate in the competition. We inform you that you can exercise your rights under art. 7 et seq. of the legislative decree n. 196/2003 (including, but not limited to, the rights to obtain confirmation of the existence of data concerning them and their communication in an intelligible form, an indication of the methods of treatment, updating, correction or data integration, and deletion) by requesting the Data Controller without formalities. The data controller is the Arno River Photographic Society, with registered offices in Via Roma 2 in Figline Valdarno (FI) through its president, pro tempore, Silvano Monchi.
Art. 15) Provisions
- A) In order to have legal authority on those who do not respect the rules of FIAP, all the entrants expressly agree to FIAP document 018/2017 « Conditions and regulations for FIAP Patronage » and FIAP document 017/2017 « Sanctions for breaching FIAP regulations and the red list ». All participants are particularly aware of chapter II « Regulations for International photographic events under FIAP patronage » of FIAP document 018/2017, dealing under Section II.2 and II.3 with the FIAP participation rules, the sanctions for breaching FIAP regulations and the red list.”
- B) By the sole act of submitting his/her images or files to a salon under FIAP Patronage, the entrant accepts without exception and with no objection the following terms:
that the submitted images can be investigated by FIAP to establish if these obey to FIAP regulations and definitions even if the entrant is not a member of FIAP
That FIAP will use any means at its disposal for this undertaking,
That any refusal to cooperate with FIAP or any refusal to submit the original files as captured by the camera, or failure to provide sufficient evidence, will be sanctioned by FIAP,
That in case of sanctions following the non compliance with FIAP regulations, the name of the entrant will be released in any form useful to inform the breaches of the rules.
We recommend that you leave the EFIX data intact in the files sent to facilitate any investigation.
FIAP official documents:
Art. 16) Acceptance
By participating in the circuit, the participant proves to be aware of this regulation and, for what is not specified in it, the rules of the FIAP and FIAF General Competition Rules in effect apply and imply the unconditional acceptance of these regulations.
Art. 17) Responsibility
The organization, while ensuring the utmost care in the receipt and processing of photographs, declines any and all responsibility for any damage and loss thereof, from any cause by which they are generated.